You can do your banking with us here in the branch – we love to see our customers, or you can bank from the comfort of your home or on the move with our internet banking service
Internet Banking Services
All Cairns Penny accounts have free access to our internet service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We aim to make your everyday banking simple and straightforward.
- SMS Password security (optional)
- View your account balances and transactions
- BPAY your bills*
- Transfer funds to other accounts with Cairns Penny or other financial institutions*
- Get your statements online
- View your interest details
- Change your password
- Send secure instructions to us at Cairns Penny
- Update contact details*
*SMS Password is required
Transactions between Cairns Penny accounts happen instantly.
Transactions to an account at another financial institution will generally take 1-2 business days. Funds transferred after hours, on weekends or public holidays may take a little longer.
Accessing Internet Banking
If you already have access log on to internet banking and enter your login name and password.
To ask us to activate internet banking on your account you can;
- Come and see us and we can show you how to use our internet banking service
- Fill out the Internet Access Application, send it back to us, and we’ll get in touch with you
- Complete the form below and we’ll get in touch with you
Request Internet Banking Access
Cairns Penny believes it’s important to protect your internet banking. SMS Password is an additional feature of our internet banking service, which applies to all new external payments, Bpay transactions and updating your contact details.
When loading a new payment you will be required to request an SMS Password to authorise the payment (see image below). An SMS Password will be sent to your mobile phone number that is registered on your internet banking, you then enter in the unique password on your payment screen to finalise the transaction.
Internet Banking Safety & Security
Internet banking is safe but like anything else, there are precautions you should take to protect yourself
- Keep your password and account details secret – don’t tell anyone else and make sure no one watches you key in your details
- Make sure you log in from machines you trust – ones that are not your own may not have enough security
- Only access our site through www.cairnspenny.com.au – never a link from an email
- Do not save your user name or password in the browser password save list
- Always make sure that you have logged-off your internet banking session and closed the internet browser when you have finished or leave the computer
- Make sure you have up to date malware or virus protection software installed on your device
Cairns Penny will never send you an email and ask you to enter your details. If you receive any emails asking for your details do not open them – just delete them or forward them to us